Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Progress, Bah


They say that progress is a good thing.
But with progress comes change.

And here are some things I wish would not have changed.

At Disney's Animal Kingdom:

Then: Tarzan Rocks
Now: Finding Nemo, the Musical.

Nemo is a great show, but I sure do miss Tarzan's Phil Collins' tunes and the skaters.

At Disney's Hollywood Studios:

Then: Who Wants to Be a Millionaire-Play It
Now: Toy Story Mania

TSM is a great attraction! I just wish they had put it elsewhere and kept WWTBAM, my co-favorite thing at DHS and one of the very few adult-oriented attractions at WDW.

Then: Residential Street
Now: Lights! Motors! Action!


Residential Street was bulldozed to make way for the Stunt car stadium. When it comes time for the Osborne Lights, you really miss it.
Now those millions of light are crammed into the Streets of America. It's a bit over-whelming.

Toy Story's Green Army Men

The guys used to do a really cute street show.
Now the guys only show up in the Block Party Bash and to sign autographs.

Over at Univ
ersal Studios:

Then: Kongfrontation
Now: The Mummy.

I have to admit that I missed Kong all together. We moved back to Florida when this attraction was just closing. But from what I have read about it, I'm pretty sure that I would have liked it better than the Mummy.

Beetlejuice vs The Ghostbusters.
This was my favorite street show and I never missed seeing it when we were at US.
Please, please bring them back!!!


No comments: