Monday, May 25, 2009

Destination: Dollywood

After much (much) discussion/whining, the hubby has agreed to take me to Dollywood!


Although I'd love to go in the fall, we're planning on a spring trip because the park hours are better.

Now, as all experienced Disney World-goers know, having a trip plan is essential, especially for the first visit. It doesn't have to be set in stone, but knowing what and where can save lots of time and trouble.

And oftentimes, unofficial info (from experienced park-goers) is much more informative and helpful than what you find on the official site.

So, I've been doing research or at least attempting it because other than the official site, there just isn't that much current information out there.

I have tried joining Yahoo groups, but there is absolutely nothing going in them (except for the spammers ... "I want to meet you"... "Please be my friend".)

I have read the Dollywood and Pigeon Forge Trip Advisory Forums which sometimes offer helpful hints, but most often it's folks complaining about the cost. They have obviously never visited certain Orlando attractions.

Anyhoo ... if there happens to be an experienced Dollywood-goer out there who will share advice, hints, and helpful do's and dont's, I would love to hear from you! Just drop a note to the comments section. TIA !!



No comments: